Friday, November 17, 2017
Thursday, November 16, 2017
The government wants to map your address — residential or professional — digitally, something done by Aadhaar for an individual's identification.
The department of posts - which is under the ministry of communications — has ordered a pilot project that will accord a six-character alphanumeric digital address for every property for three postal pin code locations.
The idea is to provide e-locations (like on Google Maps) for the addresses therein and then provide possibilities to link them to other information, such as property title and ownership, property tax records, information on utilities like electricity, water and gas.
The eLoc (e-location) pilot project has been approved for two postal pin codes in Delhi and one in Noida, following which the plan is to identify national expansion plans. The digital identity — say, UV77D7 — will be an e-enabled address that can be used parallelly to the existing postal address.
Private mapping company MapmyIndia will be carrying out the project for the postal department.
"The results of the proof of concept may be utilised by the department towards developing a digital address format that would suit the purpose for a national-level project rollout," says a letter signed by additional director-general (mail operations) Abhishek Kumar Singh and sent to MapmyIndia on September 27.
MapmyIndia MD Rakesh Verma said the e-linkage would make it easier to identify complex addresses while providing an opportunity to link them to other amenities and services.
"eLoc will help travellers and commuters search, share and navigate to a destination's exact doorstep far more easily and quickly. It will also reduce time, money, fuel wastage and expenses for businesses in the e-commerce, transportation, logistics and field operations domains," said Verma.
Pilot project to evaluate digital addresses' effectiveness: DoP
Currently, a large number of addresses in the country are difficult to comprehend when read digitally. "For example, an address such as 147, Pocket XX, 2A, Janakpuri can be easily identified online by a digital address such as 8GDTYX. This can be further linked with other associated amenities such as property tax and ownership details, civic amenities etc," an official of the company said.
The approval letter (for the pilot) by the Department of Posts (DoP) said the objective of the project is to demonstrate the effectiveness of a digital addressing system.
"The sole ownership of the data/reports or any other documents generated/created in any electronic or physical form, during the course of the proof of concept, shall remain with the department," it said, prohibiting the private company from using the information for any commercial purpose.
The postal department would assist in the exercise through sharing of data on beat maps, verification of the information related to mapping of physical address with the digital addresses and facilitating interactions with their ground staff.
In a statement, Mapmy-India claimed that it already possesses an exhaustive digital address database that includes over 2 crore eLocs of individuals, businesses and government set-ups.
The statement said that the company has partnered Isro and its national satellite imagery service 'Bhuvan' to provide effective mapping coordinates.
Source:-The Times of India
Wednesday, November 15, 2017
TWO DAYS RELAY HUNGER FAST
IN FRONT OF DIVISIONAL OFFICES
Two days Relay hunger fast in front of all Divisional offices on 28th and 29th November 2017 (All Employees will wear Black Badges containing demands and will send resolution addressed to Prime – Minister).
IN FRONT OF ALL CIRCLE OFFICES
Mass Dharna in front of All C.P.M.G offices on 20th December 2017
FIVE DAYS RELAY DHARNA
IN FRONT OF PARLIAMENT
5 Days Relay Dharna in front of Parliament from 12th to 16th February 2018. (All Circles will participate in Dharna day wise).
After that Indefinite Strike will be declared
CHARTER OF DEMANDS
1. Implementation of positive recommendations of Kamlesh Chandra Committee Report for GDS
2. Membership verification of GDS and declaration of result of regular membership verification.
3. Filling up of all vacant posts in all Cadres of Deptt of Post i.e P.A.S.A, Postmen, Mail guard, mailmen, MTS,MMS Drivers and artisans, P.A CO. P.A. SBCO, Postal Actts and GDS. Drop the move of amendment in P.A. S.A., P.A.CO & P.A. SBCO Recruitment Rules.
4. Implement CSI, and RICT only after providing all required infrastructure including band width and stop harassment , victimization in the name of new schemes, technology induction, under contributory negligence factor and trade union victimization.
5. Stop out sourcing privatization and Corporatization.
6. Payment of revised wages and arrears to the casual, part time, contingent and daily rated mazdoors as per 6th & 7th CPC and settle other issues of Casual Laboures.
7. Implement cadre restructuring for left out categories i.e. RMS, MMS, PACO, PASBCO Postmaster Cadre, Postal Actts etc and accept the modifications suggested by federation before implementation of cadre restructuring in Postal Group ‘C’.
8. Withdraw N.P.S (contributory Pension Scheme) Guarantee 50% of last pay drawn as minimum pension.
9. Implement 5 days week in Postal Operative offices.
10. Stop move of diversion of business of P.O SB Schemes to Banks (Nationalized and Private)
11. Stop move of closure of Army Postal Service.
12. Grant OSA and OTA to RMS staff and special allowances for P.O & R.M.S Accounts.
13. Finalization of Recruitment Rules of AAOS IN Postal Accounts with 40% S.C.F quota as approved by DOPT.
14. Status of Audit to SBCO.
15. Benefit of SDBS to retried GDS employees.
Saturday, November 11, 2017
It is really an impressive and record witness that thousands of women from different parts of the country representing hundreds of organizations joined in Maha padav to outnumber men on third day (11.11.2017) in Parliament Street, Delhi
Resolutions of the Central TUs and independent Federations are adopted today.
A clarion call for an indefinite strike is likely to be the culminating point of the Programme of Action.