Friday, October 7, 2016
NFPE & AIPEU-GDS MEETING WITH GDS COMMITTEE
NFPE Secretary General & General Secretary AIPEU-GDS today (07-10-2016) had a meeting with GDS pay Committee in New Delhi after the GDS Committee called Federations/Unions to discuss on GDS issues and post approval of 7th CPC recommendations.
We have presented our views on the following GDS issues and discussed elaborately:
1. Civil Servant status to GDS
2. Nomenclature for GDS
3. Condition of ‘other means of livelihood’
4. Working hours of the BO & GDS
5. Office accommodation, house rent & electricity charges
6. Pay structure – minimum 5 hours pay on pro rata to all GDS
7. Medical facilities
8. Improvement in SDB Scheme & Circle Welfare Fund Scheme
9. Maternity benefit & other benefits to women GDS
10. RICT – work load norms of BPM & other GDS
11. Substitute arrangement in the light of RICT
12. Infrastructure equipment and basic amenities to BOs
13. Promotional avenue to all GDS – no outside recruitment quota
14. Service weightage to senior GDS
15. Training at frequent intervals to GDS to improve quality of work in BOs
16. Scraping the concept of protection of allowances and reduction of TRCA
17. Welfare measures applicable at par with dept employees
18. Trade union facilities
19. Bonus : (informed that it has already recommended for Rs.7000- by the GDS Committee)
And some other issues related to GDS have taken part in the discussion.
The GDS Committee had a patience hearing and assured to do the best for GDS to a possible extent.
We thanked the GDS Committee for this meeting.
It is informed that the Committee is going to submit the report at the earliest to the extent possible.