Friday, April 17, 2020
NFPE :: MEETING WITH SECRETARY POST (17-4-2020)
Today on 17-4-2020, a Delegation of NFPE leaders comprising Coms. R.N Prashar, Secretary General & GS PIII, D. B.Mohanty, GS PIV and P.Suresh, GS R IV held meeting with Shri P.K.Bisoi, Secretary Posts. Shri S.K.Kamila, Member (Personal ) was also present.
The following issues were discussed.
1.Salary :- We requested Secretary (P) that salary of officials during lock down period should be paid in full as per the guide lines issued by DOPT. Even salary /wages of Casual Laborers Part time employees, Daily rated mazdoors and out sourced workers should be paid in full. We requested to issue general instructions in this regard. As some officers at lower level are violating these instructions. Secretary agreed to issue instructions in this regard.
(a) As some news are coming that salary of employees may be reduced by the Government of India. At this we protested very strongly that we will not allow any type of salary cut.
At this Secretary asked for some more Donation /Contribution. We proposed that Administration and Unions should appeal to all to contribute voluntarily. Some capable persons may contribute more. We told that already One day salary has been taken.
If Government asks more, One day more salary can be taken from the pay of next month. If Government will reduce salary, agitational programme can be launched.
2. Insurance :- We raised the issue of 50 lakh insurance for the Postal Employees. On this Secretary told that this is not feasible but they are planning some ex-gratia to both regular and GDS Employees. Orders will be issued soon.
3. Rotational transfer:- we requested to defer rotational transfer this year as it involves more dislocation of staff and more expenditure. In the period of financial crisis this will not be good for economic health of country also. At this Secretary agreed and told that transfer will be done in inevitable circumstances only.
4. Attendence on Duty. At this Secretary told that they have not revised previous guide lines issued from Directorate and DoPT. Every officer should follow the same.
We appeal all Circle, Divisional and Branch Secretaries of NFPE affiliated unions to take up the matter with appropriate authority even if any violation Please report to concerned CHQ and NFPE HQ.
5. Membership Verification:- Member (P) told that fresh membership verification will be deferred and instructions will be issued soon.
For change of membership in the month of April every year for that also at least two months more time will be given. Orders will be issued separately.
6. We raised issues of Victimization by Superintendent of Sambalpur Division (Odisha), Tejpur Division (Assam) and some cases of Uttar Pradesh Circle. At this also Member (P) assured to take suitable action.