Photo voter slips not to be valid as stand-alone identification document for voting.
- Driving License,
- Service Identity Cards with photograph issued to employees by Central/State Govt./PSUs/Public Limited Companies,
- Passbooks with photograph issued by Bank/Post Office,
- PAN Card,
- Smart Card issued by RGI under NPR,
- MNREGA Job Card,
- Health Insurance Smart Card issued under the scheme of Ministry of Labour,
- Pension document with photograph,
- Official identity cards issued to MPs/MLAs/MLCs, and
- Aadhaar Card.
Taking all these facts in view, Commission has now decided that Photo Voter Slip shall henceforth not be accepted as a stand-alone identification document for voting. However, Photo Voter Slip will continue to be prepared and issued to electors as part of the awareness building exercise. In order to make it clear to the electors that Photo Voter Slips shall not be accepted as a stand-alone identification document for voting, the words `THIS SLIP WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED FOR THE PURPOSE OF IDENTIFICATION IN POLLING STATION. YOU ARE REQUIRED TO CARRY EPIC OR ONE OF THE 11 ALTERNATIVE DOCUMENTS SPECIFIED BY THE COMMISSION FOR VOTING” shall be printed on the Photo Voter Slip in bold letters.
All Returning Officers and all Presiding Officers are being informed of these instructions. A copy of the instructions translated in the vernacular language will be supplied to each of the Presiding Officers. The Order shall be got published in the State, Gazette, immediately and publicised through print/electronic media for information of the general public and electors immediately and at very regular intervals till the date of polling.