- Complete System Integration including designing, building, supplying, installing and commissioning hardware and software
- Data migration and deployment of the platforms and solutions across all identified post offices
- Supporting multi-year managed services, application support and infrastructure operations
- Training more than 35,000 India Post employees across the country on the usage and deployment of the new platform and solutions
Sunday, August 12, 2012
INDIA POSTS 2012 - MODERNIZATION PROGRAM - NEWS
India Post Selects Infosys to Transform its Financial Services
NEW DELHI, India, Aug. 9, 2012
- Infosys, a global leader in consulting and technology, today announced that it has been selected by the Department of Post, Ministry of Communications and Information Technology, Government of India for a mission critical program that will enhance India Post's financial services across 150,000 post offices in the country. This is part of the 'India Post 2012' modernization program that aims at bringing transparency, agility, flexibility and scalability to India Post's operations.
Under the agreement, Infosys and India Post will embark on a transformational initiative, which encompasses Financial Services System Integration. This project, estimated at INR 700 crores, aims to transform India Post into a technology-enabled and autonomous market leader, by revolutionizing its financial operations and end-user services.
As Financial Services System Integrator, Infosys will implement and manage its flagship Finacle™ Core Banking and McCamish™ Insurance products to help India Post transform its banking and insurance operations - covering more than 200 million banking customers across urban and rural India; including a large base of insurance customers. Infosys will be installing 1,000 ATMs for India Post as part of this program to increase the effectiveness of its delivery channel and will also implement an electronic Content Management system to manage millions of documents generated as part of India Post's financial operations.
For the project, Infosys will support India Post in the following areas:
Speaking about this deal, Mr. A. S. Prasad, Deputy Director General, Financial Services, India Post, said, "We are confident that Infosys' extensive global experience with transformational programs in the financial and systems integration space will be instrumental in rolling out this ambitious program aimed at driving technology superiority at India Post, by introducing key solutions like core banking. This transformational program is expected to enhance India Post's services, bringing us on par with the best in the banking industry; and will help us expand the reach and effectiveness of our operations through technology enablement of India Post employees."
"Infosys will be drawing upon its expertise and domain knowledge across the banking and financial sector, to transform India Post's services to empower end-consumers. This project offers us rich scope to innovate and optimize the largest financial and insurance distribution channel in the country and we look forward to deploying our strong capabilities across industries and technologies, in a role that has the potential to significantly impact millions of citizens in the country," said Mr. CN Raghupathi, VP and Head India Business, Infosys.