Friday, November 20, 2015
1st Floor, North Avenue PO Bldg., New Delhi – 110001
7th PAY COMMISSION REPORT
POSTAL EMPLOYEES – ALL DEMANDS REGARDING ENHANCED WAGES AND SERVICE CONDITIONS REJECTED
HOLD PROTEST DEMONSTRATIONS ALL OVER THE COUNTRY
1. Commission is of the view that there is no justification of upgrading the pay of
(a) Postal Assistants/Sorting Assistants
(b) Postal Assistant (SBCO)
(c) Postal Assistant (CO)
(d) Postman cadre & Mailguard.
(e) PO & RMS accountants
(f) Despatch Rider (MMS)
(g) Multi-Tasking Staff (MTS) including Foreign Post
(i) System Administrators (No separate cadre or pay)
(j) Marketing Executives (no separate cadre or Pay)
(l) Technical Supervisors (MMS) (in) Drivers
2. Gramin Dak Sevaks cannot be treated as Civil servants at par with Regular employees. As they are only holder of civil posts and not civilian employees, no recommendations with regard to GDS.
3. Recommended immediate merger of 33 Postal dispensaries in 10 Postal Circles with CGHS.
4. ADDITIONAL POST ALLOWANCE FOR POSTMAN
10% of Basic Pay if one shares the another Postmen duty. If it is shared by two Postmen, it will be 5% for both.
5. HOLIDAY MONETARY COMPENSATION
Supervisor, PA, Sorting Postman – Rs. 200/- per holiday.
MTS – Rs. 150/- per holiday
6. ADDITIONAL WORK ALLOWANCE
2% of the Basic Pay per month
10% of the Basic pay if period exceeds 45 days.
7. IP/ASP/SP SCALE UPGRADED
Commission has noted that the VI CPC had placed Inspector (Posts) at par with Inspector of CBDT/CBED. Subsequently the Inspector of CBDT/CBE were elevated to GP 4600. The Commission has further noted that the Inspector of Posts and Inspector of CBDT/CBED are recruited through the same combined graduate level examination. Therefore the commission recommended 4600 GP for IP and 4800 GP and 5400 GP for SPOs.
(R. N. Parashar)