Friday, August 2, 2013
Postal JCA meeting with Secretary, Department of Posts on 02-08-2013
DISCUSSION ON ITEMS OF MEMORANDUM SUBMITTED BY PJCA ON 01-04-2013:
Today JCA leaders had a meeting with Ms.P.Gopinath,Secretary, Posts and Members of Postal Services Board along with other Officers of the Department to discuss on the items in the Memorandum submitted by JCA on 01-04-2013.
The Secretary Generals NFPE & FNPO and all General Secretaries of affiliated Unions participated in the discussion.
On behalf of AIPEU-GDS(NFPE), Com.P.Pandurangarao, General Secretary attended the meeting.
The following are the outcome of the discussion on GDS issues :
1. Bonus Ceiling : File again sent to Ministry of Finance with replies to the queries made by MoF.
2. Cash handling norms : Circles asked to report on the financial implications to change the work load norms of the BPMs.
3. Reduction in TRCA : Even though Protection for one year is instructed, it will be reviewed accordingly
4. Compassionate appointments :It is informed by the Official side that after revising the previous calculation of merit marks, the present attributes for merit marks resulted in increase of percentage of appointments. So there is no scope for immediate relief on this issue.
5. Redeployment of GDSMM : the work establishment of GDSMM will be reviewed on their retirement / promotion, further decision will be taken by the Department.
6. Cash conveyance allowance : it will be reviewed on information obtained from the circles.
7. Introduction of Health scheme : Proposal is under examination by the Finance Ministry. Approval is expected soon.
8. Norms for RPLI : It is clearly mentioned in the instructions on workload norms, 10 transactions – 1 point, but for procuring new business of RPLI as incentive is being given, no separate time factor is given.
9. Norms for cash conveyance from BO to AO vice versa : it will be reviewed.